Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well since I cant find any Taotronics for a planted freshwater tank looks like I am looking again at 50 watt led flood lights. I have found them with dimmable controllers and a 110 degree spread. My plan is to put four of this on my 125. I see people taking about these at the start of the thread. Does my plan sound okay. I am aiming to get high light with this setup.
Tony L.

apl said:
Well since I cant find any Taotronics for a planted freshwater tank looks like I am looking again at 50 watt led flood lights. I have found them with dimmable controllers and a 110 degree spread. My plan is to put four of this on my 125. I see people taking about these at the start of the thread. Does my plan sound okay. I am aiming to get high light with this setup.
Tony L.

Oh you're doing planted. Never mind then.

How did you guys wire youre lights?

All together?

Or plugs on each one?

Just trying to figure out why my led drivers failed

How did you guys wire youre lights?

All together?

Or plugs on each one?

Just trying to figure out why my led drivers failed

My second driver failed on the 50watt lights. Still haven't received another driver from the seller on the first one that failed. Pretty frustrating so I think I'm going to go a different route. Not worth the trouble.

tdubrow said:
My second driver failed on the 50watt lights. Still haven't received another driver from the seller on the first one that failed. Pretty frustrating so I think I'm going to go a different route. Not worth the trouble.

Are yours wired together? Or separately ?

no sorry I don't but the softies I have I've had for a few months now and their still doing good, opening up nicely

I still haven't received the new drivers yet.

Ive been looking into powering all the lights with a single 350w 10amp driver...not from china.

I might even get 2 drivers and run 14 50watters.

Since now I have 7 50w 20000k, and 7 50w 10000k.

Ebay item number 251129562555 if you care to look.

I went ahead and got the 10,000K 30W from eBay and my corals are showing awesome response. Probably going to get 20W 14k's for both sides of my big one. Here is the link to the ones i got. Seems they may have read this forum! haha, Anyhows they are located in Texas.

Aquarium Reef LED Lamp 20W 14000K White (150W Metal Halide alternative Light) | eBay

and 30W:

Aquarium Reef LED Lamp 30W 10000K White (150W Metal Halide alternative Light) | eBay

Wow. The price went up on them? I thought they were cheaper. That just proves that once you add reef to the name it sky rockets. Lol

looking at the pictures in the ad for the lights its the same guy selling them that started this thread.

look at page one in the thread and then the ones in the ad.

just saying.

I might be doing this... I have a 29 gallon (30" wide) I might put 2 white and 2 blue. Just alternate with white-blue-white-blue. The lights I'm looking at are about 5" wide.
These

I have finished my canopy, there are two 20w 12000k LED floodlights on the outside, then two 10w blues, then one 10w 12000k in the middle. Very happy with how it looks, I've just temporally put it on my 72g, and will have it on my 55g once the tanks ready.

Attached are photos of blue only, white only, and both on...

The colors look better in real life, just shot these on my phone.

You have a How-To or any build specs on your canopy? I love how that looks. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom