Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
looking at the pictures in the ad for the lights its the same guy selling them that started this thread.

look at page one in the thread and then the ones in the ad.

just saying.

No, the seller on eBay are using this guys pictures. The Seller has 6,450 ratings and over 8,000 transactions.

there are like 50 different companies selling those lights most of them like 95% are in china. Thats where I got mine from.

Ok so does anyone have an pics of their tank with the lights? I been keeping an eye on this topic to see if I get some for my 20 long.

I just bought 2 20w 12000k cool whites 60$ each on eBay going in my 180g its a freshwater tank so I'll use these as a start and upgrade as necessary

Hey tone what lights are those looks like 20w and 50w what's the kelvin on them?

thanks crister, and yes the shimmer is the nicest thing about the lights other then I don't have to buy bulbs anymore lol

you can go to like home depot or a local hardware store and purchase some three prong plugs

whats the longevity of these lights? i read a few posts back that some already blew the drivers. if they can last a year problem free it may be worth it as a temporary light while saving for a better fixture

also if this seller from before isnt the same as the guy that started the post my apologies for insinuating.

The life time of these lights is suppose to be 50,000 hours which at 10 hours a day equals about 14 years

sure sure... and i would expect that from a premium light... my doubts are about quality of these flood lights... your running them right?

how would you rate them: do you love em? are they just for right now? or eh i had to try? how long have you been running them?

how blue is the advertised 14000k?

after our chat in my halide thread im looking for something to hold for the time it will take to save up for something "better" currently running a train wreck of 36" t5ho fixtures over my 4' tank.

sure sure... and i would expect that from a premium light... my doubts are about quality of these flood lights... your running them right?

how would you rate them: do you love em? are they just for right now? or eh i had to try? how long have you been running them?

how blue is the advertised 14000k?

after our chat in my halide thread im looking for something to hold for the time it will take to save up for something "better" currently running a train wreck of 36" t5ho fixtures over my 4' tank.
Yes I'm running them now, I've had them for about 3 months and there forever I hope. I like them there pretty bright and give the tank a nice shimmer. You can see them on the tank in a previous post. As for the 14,000 I'm not sure how blue they are mine are10 and 12.

The lights looked great but the drivers kept failing on me so I switched lighting. As for the color, I had the 20000k's and they were more like a 14000k.

tdubrow said:
The lights looked great but the drivers kept failing on me so I switched lighting. As for the color, I had the 20000k's and they were more like a 14000k.

Thanks for the update.

That's a shame though. What did you end up going with?

Back
Top Bottom