Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got the 20w 6000-6500k LED floodlight in for my freshwater tank and the difference between it and the 10w is amazing. It's far far brighter than the 10w, almost to bright. I'll have to see if it'll cause any unwanted algae growth. The difference is huge.

Summary: I had originally ordered 2 10w LED floodlights and thought they were to dim for my 20H planted tank. I then replaced one 10w for a 20w and now I may just remove the other 10W.

Edit: I took off the other 10w. One 20w LED floodlight seems plenty bright for a "high light" planted tank. Still, only time will tell for sure.

for what its worth ive been off and on emailing with a guy on ebay trying to get into the led market. he has generally sold fixtures for plant grow lights but i sent him an email if he could make one for reefs. well that started it all. sounds like he is trying to find his niche and hasnt ruled reef lights out. last we spoke it would be a unit similar to taotronics branded with his company. i say similar because he will have better internals and diodes. plus from just talking to him via email he wants to handle the warranty personally. did i mention all this is state side? no china direct? he said he is going to do some research on reef lighting and get in contact with his venders to see what the story would be for his end of it all. may have a few units out in the next month or two to see what kind of response he gets.

Is anyone else having trouble with the drivers on the 50s ?

I just tested a few of mine and they are only putting out 15v , they are supposed to put out 30-36v.

Getting sick of this Chinese crap

Am wondering, if I am planning to buy 3 lights, can I somehow only use one plug or would I need to use 3 seperate ones?

BBXB said:
Am wondering, if I am planning to buy 3 lights, can I somehow only use one plug or would I need to use 3 seperate ones?

Don't buy them. The drivers keep failing.

Don't buy them. The drivers keep failing.

I saw your previous post, but is it just with the 50W version? If not, what is the best option the light 3 10gal tanks lined up side by side?

BBXB said:
I saw your previous post, but is it just with the 50W version? If not, what is the best option the light 3 10gal tanks lined up side by side?

Check out aquatraders.com Three 10g tanks lined up side by side is 60" long.

I have 3 20watt and 2 30 watt and I haven't had any troble with them so far its been about 6 months

tonedogz said:
I have 3 20watt and 2 30 watt and I haven't had any troble with them so far its been about 6 months

I have 2 10 watt and 1 20 watt and they all work fine. I actually ordered a 10 watt 10000K LED diode to replace the 6000K in one of the 10 watt floodlights. Just want to compare the difference. I was using it for a 5.5 gallon planted tank but it's to strong and burns my anubias. Figured I'd convert it to 10000K and add some window screen to see if it helps cut back the intensity.

Hi there just getting into marine fish and looking at lighting and have come across this site, can anyone help me with the led lighting my tank is 37"x17"x17" and not sure whether it would need the 10w 6500k or the 20w flood lights or how many

Thanks to anyone that can help

Great site(y)

Do you mean the 20w 12000k lights or the 6500k also do I need any blue ones as well

Thanks for your reply

Does anyone have a link to find some of the 20w 20000k lights been looking and can't find them

Thanks guys

I'm looking into 100w cree's. it's basically 20 of the 5w cree xpg mounted on a little chip.

It pumps out 13000 lumens,

Do you guys think that would be too bright?

Back
Top Bottom