Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #261
Aquarium Advice Addict

A frogspawn, a star polyp, and a umbrella leather.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #262
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedogz
Only have a few corals under them right now but the ones I have seem to be doing very well
Are you using any moon lights

Old 07-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #263
Aquarium Advice Addict

No no moon lights the pictures are shown a few posts further back
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #264
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedogz
A frogspawn, a star polyp, and a umbrella leather.
I have ordered some of these lights and have 40W total for my 29g tank made up of 12000k and 15000k LEDs. That the same watts per gallon of the same of similar colour so I'm hoping I will be ok for softies at least, glad to hear the frog spawn Is going well, hopefully someones got some of these lights over some sps so we hear how well they do under them soon.

Fancy getting another frag in your tank?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #265
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I'd like to know if they work for sp's also, just for the general knowledge of it. I don't care much for the sp's but if I found something I like I'd want to know I could keep it.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #266
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

These are a very interesting option if I get around to constructing a canopy for my 40B. I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Perhaps we can get more reports/images from owners of these products?

Would be very appreciated.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #267
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPillow View Post
These are a very interesting option if I get around to constructing a canopy for my 40B. I will be keeping an eye on this thread. Perhaps we can get more reports/images from owners of these products?

Would be very appreciated.
Thats funny MrPillow....
I just finished building my canopy for my 40B. But I dont know what light system I am going to use yet. On all my other tanks, I have the dimmable led kits from RAPIDLED. Nice kits but they do cost some $$$$. Hard on the pocketbook after doing four tanks. Hopefully these led flood lights will do the trick and be a huge $$$ savings. I just want to use these on FRAG tanks. I ordered one 20w 20000k led driver kit off ebay from the user LED-HK to go on my 29 Biocube Frag tank.(TRIAL RUN) The 29 biocube has all varieties of corals. Once it get it up and running with the light, i will post some before and after pics.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #268
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Seeking Advice...

Hello everyone. I've been following this discussion for a while because I'm thinking of upgrading to a 75g and I want to use flood lights. However, I'd like to throw some flood lights on my 30g (24x24x12) planted tank to test things out. My idea is to throw 4 10w flood lights on this tank. Do you guys think that this would be enough light? Right now I've got some amazon swords, crypt, and anacharis (floating) in the tank. It's not really heavily planted, so I want to see if these lights will give me some plant expansion. Right now I'm using 2x31w T5HO 10k bulbs, no CO2 just excel, and the seachem line of ferts--comprehensive and trace. Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #269
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixyEnigma View Post
Hello everyone. I've been following this discussion for a while because I'm thinking of upgrading to a 75g and I want to use flood lights. However, I'd like to throw some flood lights on my 30g (24x24x12) planted tank to test things out. My idea is to throw 4 10w flood lights on this tank. Do you guys think that this would be enough light? Right now I've got some amazon swords, crypt, and anacharis (floating) in the tank. It's not really heavily planted, so I want to see if these lights will give me some plant expansion. Right now I'm using 2x31w T5HO 10k bulbs, no CO2 just excel, and the seachem line of ferts--comprehensive and trace. Any ideas are appreciated.
I think if I were you I'd go with two 20's instead of the 10's because if your going to upgrade your tank to a 75 you'll need the extra wattage for penetration in the deeper tank. Then you can add more later. I have 3 20's and 2 30's on my 90.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #270
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Woah...much cheaper than regular LEDs.

Tags
led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com