Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #431
Aquarium Advice Addict

My tank is 4 ft. I have 3 20's and 2 30's I also have a bar in the middle but you can figure it out so that it is very close to the center because the led chip is in the center of the fixture so you can slide it further over.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #432
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you go back to page 26 you will see mine pictured.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #433
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedogz
My tank is 4 ft. I have 3 20's and 2 30's I also have a bar in the middle but you can figure it out so that it is very close to the center because the led chip is in the center of the fixture so you can slide it further over.
Are you running CO2 in this tank? Your lighting seems a little more high light than this guy may be gunning for.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #434
Aquarium Advice Addict

No I'm not
Old 02-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #435
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone have a recommendation for a 20W x 18D x 20H inch tank. Want to keep any type of corals i want. Thinking 50 watt?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #436
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you for the advice. I was considering going for 2x50 and 2x10 watt ones, and setting it up so that i have high light in the middle with darker edges. Now you have me reconsidering to going for maybe 2x30W and 2X10w to achieve this effect. Aesthetically, I prefer light that creates contrast between lit and shaded areas, rather than uniform lighting. I certainly don't want algae problems either. I won't be using CO2. I am looking to grow moss and ferns and other plants that don't need to be in the ground. I would like these plants to spread densely over the rocks and driftwood. I intend to leave the ground clean, just with white sand, but might reconsider this later.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #437
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Did anyone ever get any PAR readings from these large LED spot lights? How about before and after coral growth shots?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #438
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedogz
Wait, isn't your tank saltwater? TheCat just wants low light plants for his freshwater tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatisontheloose
Thank you for the advice. I was considering going for 2x50 and 2x10 watt ones, and setting it up so that i have high light in the middle with darker edges. Now you have me reconsidering to going for maybe 2x30W and 2X10w to achieve this effect. Aesthetically, I prefer light that creates contrast between lit and shaded areas, rather than uniform lighting. I certainly don't want algae problems either. I won't be using CO2. I am looking to grow moss and ferns and other plants that don't need to be in the ground. I would like these plants to spread densely over the rocks and driftwood. I intend to leave the ground clean, just with white sand, but might reconsider this later.
You can definitely go that rout. I also love that kind of look. The 30w fixtures will probably be much closer to high light levels than low light but I've never tried them. I can only say that in my 20H using a 20w light, my very high light ground cover plants grow low and compact and it takes controlled co2 and Excell to keep it free from algae. These lights penetrate very well and even the 20w blows away my old 2 light T5s. Your tank is far larger, though.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #439
Aquarium Advice Addict

Where have all of you been ordering these lights? I have seen mixed reviews from amazon.com the lights seem to be a little hit and miss as far as the brand/type go. I am looking for some 20-30 watt 6500 ish Kelvin. If anyone could give me a lead that would be great! Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #440
Aquarium Advice Addict

eBay is where I got mine.

Tags
led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com