Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #441
Aquarium Advice Activist

Smile

Fantastic thread Tom. I've posted this thread in my local aquariam forum and I'm quite sure there will be quite a few peeps jumping onto this one. It is almost a year now - can you give us feed back on how your tank and the lights are doing? I know this was asked quite a bit over the 44 pages of posts but I thought it might be time for an update?!

One more - can anyone do a PAR reading for their lights? If you can borrow it from someone in your area it would be IMMENSELY helpful in moving this cause along.

Thanks again to you and all the contributors to this thread! keep it up!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #442
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good point. Tom hasn't posted since 8-5-12. I'd like a long term update on the flood lights too.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #443
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey Caroline, how's your fresh water tank doing with those lights? and how are your lights? I'm thinking they're better for fresh water vs reef.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #444
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I am new to saltwater. We have a tank up and running. I have coral in it. I have t5 lighting but want led. It is a 55 gallon tank. Please help best and most inexpensive. Everything else up to this point has been easy. The lighting very confusing for me. Thanks Rick
Old 03-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #445
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayinaung
Hey Caroline, how's your fresh water tank doing with those lights? and how are your lights? I'm thinking they're better for fresh water vs reef.
It doing okay. I've been struggling with my health over the last couple months so the tank hasn't been getting all the care it deserves. If anything, I think the 20 watt is a little overpowered for a 20H freshwater. If it wasn't inside a canopy and could be raised a few inches higher I think it would be perfect. All the plants including the high light needing ground cover plants are all growing well. I do have some hair algae issues but that's due to using too much Osmocote in the substrate and not doing enough water changes lately. It only grows at the very bottom of the tank under the 20w floodlight. I may switch it out for a 10 watt to see how that works. These lights are very powerful.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #446
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post
It doing okay. I've been struggling with my health over the last couple months so the tank hasn't been getting all the care it deserves. If anything, I think the 20 watt is a little overpowered for a 20H freshwater. If it wasn't inside a canopy and could be raised a few inches higher I think it would be perfect. All the plants including the high light needing ground cover plants are all growing well. I do have some hair algae issues but that's due to using too much Osmocote in the substrate and not doing enough water changes lately. It only grows at the very bottom of the tank under the 20w floodlight. I may switch it out for a 10 watt to see how that works. These lights are very powerful.
I'm sorry to hear about your health Coralline. I hope you will have a speedy recovery and I hope your tank and fishies are aiding you with that process. Glad to hear about your plants. I too have fresh water planted tank and may switch over to LEDs for the show tank I'll build in my living room.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #447
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5280 View Post
I am new to saltwater. We have a tank up and running. I have coral in it. I have t5 lighting but want led. It is a 55 gallon tank. Please help best and most inexpensive. Everything else up to this point has been easy. The lighting very confusing for me. Thanks Rick
Rick,

I think Taotronics might be the answer for you. I'll refer you to this thread:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ck-239661.html

Ask mr_X what he'd recommend for your tank (specify the size of tank, its depth and the type of corals you're growing).
Old 04-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #448
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i am new user on this forum just joined today.. after reading this post word by word all pages it forced me to signup hehe.
after reading every single post on these diy led flood light & also reading couple of gu10 spot light diy for reef light.
*** i currently have 75 bow front saltwater tank and turning it slowly to reef tank ****
i have put some corals since last 2 years i have few corals (sps). i currently have MH fixture that currently have 2-MH(150watts each) & 4 Compact actinic. all my 4 actinic are not working. so only working with 2-MH. after reading the post i have just order 2-10w blue led flood light. that i am going to install on the same MH fixture. i order the light from ebay, after doing all my hard work or price i came cross with 10w blue led flood light for $24 for 2. i think i got a really good deal. ill let u guys update with it.. please tell me how to upload picturese here since its asking me to do it via some link
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #449
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I don't think this will grow corals.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #450
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i order the exact same one as it mentioned in this thread

spec for 10w led flood light blue are
10w with 800-900 LM
its a exact same one that other people order & mentioned over here.
what type of color should i use beside white and please let me know the spec for the blue led flood light

Tags
led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com