Cheap LED solution???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I don't have any corals right now but I'm hoping to get some soon. I have 3 20 watters now and I'm waiting for 2 30's to come. Hope they work out.

Just go and buy a 15 dollar frag from the LFS and put it in the tank and see how it goes. Take a picture when you buy it, and in about a month.

whats your opinion about these lights should they work. 2 30 watt 10,000k and 3 20 watt 12,000k on my 90

I don't know. It's all about how much usable light they produce. I'm curious as well, because if they do work, I would like to grab a couple for frag tanks and such. Judging by the wattage, you might be a little light, but it's all about how efficient they are.
Since no one we know owns a PUR meter to check them, we are going to have to rely on our own data.

I don't know. It's all about how much usable light they produce. I'm curious as well, because if they do work, I would like to grab a couple for frag tanks and such. Judging by the wattage, you might be a little light, but it's all about how efficient they are.
Since no one we know owns a PUR meter to check them, we are going to have to rely on our own data.
Well I'm hoping for the best maybe I can email the seller and see if they know

Ok Doug, I sent emails to both sellers and asked them if they know the pur ratings, we'll see, I'll let you know if they get back.

Let us know the info, I want to get 1 or 2 for my 20 long reef

tonedogz said:
Well I don't have any corals right now but I'm hoping to get some soon. I have 3 20 watters now and I'm waiting for 2 30's to come. Hope they work out.

So how are the lights working out for you?

So how are the lights working out for you?
I'm still waiting for two 30 watt lights to come from china its been like twelve days already. So I don't want to put any corals in yet till I have everything in place. the three 20's I have look good though.

Shipping takes a while apparently. My last order got destroyed by Canada post.

I think the 50 s will be just right( I hope)

Back
Top Bottom