Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Personally I'd be nervous about that particular bulb. Although they are Bridelux LEDs and 3 watts ( which actually doesn't matter) they must be old lights that the original company couldn't sell. Now the Chinese manufacturer is rebranding them and people assume they are newer versions than they actually are.
I say this because the lights use very old and inefficient LEDs that are pushing a dim 60-70 lum per watt.
So, if you get them, remember you will require more watts than a modern Bridgelux or Cree powered light would need. But it still should work for a 10 gal tank I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedsReefs10 View Post
While they'll probably work, the color is going to look terrible. You won't get the real pop out of zoas with a light that's that white. The 9 and 12 led units (which are the ones you'd be looking at) have a 2:1 white to blue ratio, you really want that flipped IMHO.
Agreed. I'm unable to find anything flipped in my price range. Is green good for reefs? I found a lot of lights with a lot of green.
There is this one-
Full Spectrum E27 Fixture 12 LED Aquarium Coral Reef Light Fresh Saltwater PAR38 | eBay

3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedsReefs10 View Post
While they'll probably work, the color is going to look terrible. You won't get the real pop out of zoas with a light that's that white. The 9 and 12 led units (which are the ones you'd be looking at) have a 2:1 white to blue ratio, you really want that flipped IMHO.
Oops read wrong. I thought the blue white ratio was flipped. Definitely right about more blue than white for the zoas. Not sure about those bulbs honestly.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think this light looks very promising and ships from the US!
36W/120W/165W/180W/360W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum Reef Coral Fish (Timer)

3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, frag, light, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com