cheap moonights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Travis55 said:
Im wanting some type blue moon light without having to spend a bunch... thanks all!!!!

Try eBay or you can make your own. Im sure if you do a search there will be a thread on DIY moon lights. You could use led strip christmas lights too.

Travis55 said:
I have some blue leds from christmas lights. How would i turn them into moon lighting?

You would need to mount them on something like the hood or the light fixture making sure they couldn't get wet. IMO you should try eBay. There are lots of cheap led tank lights on there.

You would need to mount them on something like the hood or the light fixture making sure they couldn't get wet. IMO you should try eBay. There are lots of cheap led tank lights on there.

But I don't need any special ballast or anything? Just solder to a plug?

Ikea sell a product called "Dioder" which is a set of LEDs on three strips which change colour. They have a plug attached and can be mounted very easily to the hood. There are videos on you tube.

Also many companies sell blue led strips which come with suckers and plugs attached which are good moonlight subs. Or there are single LEDs which are attached to a hub and can be placed different areas in the tank. All outdoor lights are water proof so any outdoor specific light or light fitting should be fine as long as the plug is kept dry.

Lots of choices if you look around. I brought an 18 led strip with suckers, and I'm very happy it cost less than £10/$15 roughly, is very bright, and you can move it from tank to tank with no setup hassle.

Back
Top Bottom