Cheaper to sell or move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uscamaro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Around Las Vegas, I notice a lot of ads on Craigslist where people are almost giving away their setups for next to nothing. There was a 125g complete setup and established for years and they're selling for $800 because they are moving. As we know here, a nice 125g with stand & canopy easily goes for $1,000+.

So how much does it actually cost to move an entire 55g saltwater setup? I ask this because I will probably move within the next 3-5 years and want to take my several thousand dollar investment with me, rather than sell it for pennies.

it doesnt have to be expensive. If you have a truck and a couple of rubbermaid totes you should be ok. The thing is ppl dont like the hassel of moving things.

I would have no problem doing that with a local move. I'm talking about a move across country, taking into account shipping items and/or bringing them along for the ride.

It seems in this hobby once you buy it the value falls through the floor. And sometimes the people dont want the hassle of taking down and setting up and the expense that comes with that. So they look to sale at a loss just to get rid of it. I mean my 75 gallon set up was given to me complete with fish and water. lol

I look at it this way are you willing to do the drive and gas expense. Professorial movers are expensive, and shipping ups or fed ex well you can just imagine. Then there is the risk of it breaking and having to buy new.

Back
Top Bottom