Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Cheapest RO unit?

I'm looking for a CHEAP unit so I can keep some of the harder shrimp.

Because its for shrimp, I don't need 0 TDS (right?) so I should be fine with a cheap one.

90g Reef
30g Long Frag Tank
10g Planted
3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Marine depot is having a sale for 48 hours where you can get 11% off a nice one. It's what I did at least. I'm looking at keeping bee shrimps as well. TDS between 100-200 ideally.

125 malawi cichlid, 110 Discus, 75 reef, 30 reef, 27 reef, 4 planted
herp_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Try purewaterclub.com
tonedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

BRS has a 3 stage system for $89: BRS 3 Stage Space Saver RO System - 75GPD - Bulk Reef Supply
20 gallon nano-reef torn down to make way for the 40B Reef. I also have two 5 gallon fresh
dmolavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
There's a group buy going for Bulk Reef Supply on the 29th of this month. You can usually save some money on a unit. Group Buy I bought my RO/Di from BRS and they have been great. They offer good technical support as well.
Another option is Aquatic Life offers refurbished products. They are changing there website right now and don't have a refurbished section on there website so you have to send them an email to see if they have any refurbished products, it never hurts to try. I've bought 4 refurbished LED lights from them for quite a bit off retail and I haven't had any issues with them.
You may be able to get a cheaper unit from ebay but you're not going to get the customer service if you have questions or warranty needs. The filter size may be odd or hard to find also.
jefferzbooboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com