Check out my ICTD...Improvised Crab Trapping Device

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have this crab that came along with my LR. When i added a clean up crew the other day, he killed a hermit and a snail within one day. I needed to get him out of there before he killed more! He was fast though an i couldn't catch him. So i posted on here and Brenden said to put some bait in the bottom of a glass to try and trap him. I first chased him into a hold on a piece of rock and them removed the rock to my qt tank. I then took a cube of brine shrimp, perferrated the top foil cover and used some aluminum foil to strap it to a martini stirrer. I dropped the whole thing into a glass (made of glass) and tilted it up on the side of the rock right next to the hole where i saw him go in. I left it there overnight to see if he'd go for it. Sure enough, i woke up this morning to find my killer crab trapped in the bottom of the glass. Hahaha...gotcha sucka!!

img_527820_0_756bf123a414ef88c50ae14ea4d9a95e.jpg

good job. I usually just tilt a tall slender glass with bait against a rock the crab has been seen on and remove him the next morning or so.

Great background :lol: Are those additives for the tank 8O
Just kidding. That is how we got the one in my hubbies gallery. I do not like the hairy crabs in our tank they seem mean.
Great job! (y)

Back
Top Bottom