Check valves on a CO2 system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barliman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all :flowers:

So, I've saved up the money for my pressurized CO2 system (Decided to go with GLA, hence the need to save...), but I have a question for anyone familiar with check valves on a CO2 setup, and, in particular the "Atomic CO2 Bubble Counter with Integrated Check Valve."

As the name states, the bubble counter has its own check valve built-in. Would it be silly of me to buy another inline check valve to insert between the bubble counter and the regulator as a backup? Would I be hurting CO2 flow doing that? Is the check valve on the bubble counter so reliable that it's not a worry? :confused:

Thanks much! :thanks:

(Wasn't sure if this should go here or in the planted tank section, but, since it's hardware...)

I have an extra check valve on mine. I know it's over kill but it doesn't hurt. GLA sells a nice brass one but I just use a standard plastic one and relate it every 6 months because the CO2 makes the plastic brittle. It doesn't hut the CO2 injection levels.

I have an extra check valve on mine. I know it's over kill but it doesn't hurt. GLA sells a nice brass one but I just use a standard plastic one and relate it every 6 months because the CO2 makes the plastic brittle. It doesn't hut the CO2 injection levels.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. :thanks:

Is this the GLA check valve you were thinking of?

Back
Top Bottom