Chemi-Pure, Purigen or both?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PB_Smith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm curious about using both chemi-pure and purigen as I have read some reviews where people are using both. Is it redundant or do they actually compliment one another?

Here is another thing I have always wondered about for years.:confused:
If activated carbon should be changed every 4-8 weeks and if left too long can leach contaminants back into the water, why does chemi-pure say it can be used for 3 -6 months before changing when it is about 70% activated carbon and 6 months is quit a bit more than the recommended life of activated carbon. Makes me wonder if it actually is safe to leave in place that long.

Any experiences/insight?

I'm asking relating to salt water tanks.

Is this for sw or fw? And if sw reef or fowlr? For a reef I wouldn't run both because corals need some nutrients in the water column. For the other 2 go ahead, should be fine. On the CPE, I replace mine every 6 weeks (8 if I'm being lazy/cheap) but purigen can be "recharged" which is nice

Saltwater fish and inverts, no coral or nems.
I think I will put purigen in a canister and use chemi-pure in my overflow where I can more easily change it.

Run both, never an issue, ran then individually, both work well I think. Either way you should be okay

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom