Chiller recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bighabeeb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, as I enter my first winter with my new T5s, I've noticed that they do in fact keep my water substantially warmer then the old CFLs did. I can actually disconnect my heater altogether and the water stays pretty solidly pinned at 79-80 degrees. While that seems pretty perfect to me, I have concerns about what will happen come summer-time when it gets hotter in the room. I tend to try to keep that room as close to 70ish degrees as possible, but in the summer it will obviously spike above that if its quite hot...

Any recommendations for a chiller that wont break the bank? Starting to think about this WAY in advance I know, but if its going to be a several hundred dollar purchase I'd like to be able to start prepping the wife now ;)

Its a 72G tank, by the way.

Do you have a canopy? If so have you thought about fans? As far a a cooler goes I have no experience on the matter so I couldn't tell you, but if you have a good flow of air I think you should be fine in keeping the water temperature under control.

Kody

Back
Top Bottom