Chillers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone familiar with the copeland chillers?

I have 1HP cools n warms up the wAter that seems to be running constantly n it's not keeping water temp to 77 Degrees.. Thermo reads 83 ;( whether it's on or off..

What can wrong with it? Does anyone know where i can take it for repairs?

Uncertain if these units are similar to air conditioners that get freeon added after time for it to work

Your best bet as I see it is to make sure that any fins on the external component are clean(compressed air can be used to blow them out). If the fins are clogged up with dust or lint, then it won't be able to run. If the fins are clean and clear, then it's time to call around to hvac service companies. They'll be able to help you out with testing freon levels, and top it off if it's low(which will be caused by leaks) as well as possibly repair any leaks.
One thing to be wary of though is that the freon that is put in has to be the same type as it originally had, otherwise, you can end up doing a lot of damage.

Good to know.. Thanks!!!! It seems to be running all day but doesnt maintain the water temp ..at 77

What's the temp of the air where everything is setup at?

You'll want to get ahold of an HVAC tech. The tools needed to troubleshoot the compressor and lines aren't something that a lot of people have. It'll more than likely be cheaper than if you were to try to fix it yourself in the long run. It sounds like your freon is too low.

Back
Top Bottom