Chillers question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ncts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First I would like to say thank you for all the info on this site. I am new to this forum. I have a corner 55 gallon reef tank with t-5 lights. Temp hovers around 82. Looking for a good quality chiller to bring temp down to around 76-78.

Thanks NCTS

Chillers i hear are verry expencive and 82 isnt that bad i keep mine at 82 and my fish are fine

I run my 450 gal at 77 degrees with 2 degree differential. Doesn't get over 79. Fish will do fine at 82, but so will algae, parasites, and disease. I found a 1 yr old chiller on CL for about 40% the original cost. I have back up generator for my tank, but not for the AC on my house. If a tank is at 82 now....?

I keep mine at 80.5 and I wouldn't wanna keep it at 82 but 76 is kinda low i would never let my drop that much keep it between 78-80 buy a brand new good quality chiller sure might be expensive but this whole hobby is and you get what you pay for

Thanks everyone. I took off glass top and added an 8 inch fan. Temp is down to 77-78 and holding...
Thanks again for your feedback.

Back
Top Bottom