christmas tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyandsteve

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thinking off christmasing up my tank, has anyone tried putting christmas tree lights through filter tubes and put in tank? obviously keeeping it waterproof...
Or is it my brain working overtime?

wow... interesting concept... if it was me, i would just try and decorate the outside of the tank... i would be afriad of putting christmas lights in, even in pvc... if they got wet, that would not be good

Get ur point but as long as the top or tube is out of water no probs and if it duz get water in its only gonna trip fuse but might look good
Dont know but outside lights might be better

Obviously gotta make sure completly waterproof which anyone would apart from ur mate must have had very short pipework for water to get in pipework can also be sealed with silicone or something like to stop water penetration?
Im gona try it and lt you know

I'm very interested in this project of yours, and am looking forward to seeing pics!!

I was thinking about doing that gel stuff that sticks to the glass (on the outside of course) that says "Merry Christmas" or something like that. Post some pics if you do it!

What about using those LED rope lights? They come in a sealed tube and a variety of colors. You would have to start the string out of the water and end it out of the water. I have used them for a sign that I built and I wrapped black electrical tape around the tube where I didn't want the lights to show, you could do that on the parts that come out of the water.

Just a thought.

A while ago I saw a Christmas Tree ornament that went in a fresh water tank that looked pretty cool. I have been looking for that again the last few years. No luck.

Back
Top Bottom