cichlid stones for xmas!!! looking for a deal :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i was gonna get a tank for xmas but i bought it myself cuz i couldnt wait lol

soooo now my girlfriend is gonna buy me 2 15packs of cichlid stones for my 55gal affy tank & i'm craaaazy excited!!

foster & smith have the 15pack for just under $60 .. anyone know of a better deal??

Saw if on amazon.com on sale for 53 bucks and I think 5 dollars for shipping so it's about the same. That's a good deal they are usually a lot more when I see them.

I paid like 54-56 dollars but I went with foster and smith.

I love those stones and the fish do too!!! Just one thing the small ones are pretty much useless but I used them by turning them around so you don't see the hole and using them to brave other stones. Once they fill with water there very sturdy.

Imo get one 15pack and one 10 pack (just medium and large). The small ones are to small to do much good. That's just imo tho.

Convict2161 said:
I paid like 54-56 dollars but I went with foster and smith.

I love those stones and the fish do too!!! Just one thing the small ones are pretty much useless but I used them by turning them around so you don't see the hole and using them to brave other stones. Once they fill with water there very sturdy.

Lol we had the same thought at the same time. I totally agree. I figured maybe fry will use them or something.

coooool beans .. thanks!! i'll def look into the 10packs too when i get home.. i have a couple small fish still so i'm sure what few i get in the 15pack could still be used for a little while

& i think foster & smith is the winner

thanks again guys!!

Moved to General Hardware/Equipment Discussion. Good luck finding the best deal! :)

STONES ARE IN!! PICTURE HERE!!

i went w/ the jumbo 10pack & the 15pack

i dont really dig what i did so i'm gonna shop for some DW tomorrow & try to mix in some of my real stone too..

also, the fake fake looking plants in the middle will be replaced w/ ones more like the far left & right plants.. pluuuus a possible subtrate change....... hmmmm??

anyway, tell me what ya think!!!!

Attachments

• image-402969161.jpg
    image-402969161.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 196
Great looking tank!

haha, i also intend to use Convict's template in the future when I switch it into an all cichlid tank :)

Back
Top Bottom