Circulation Pump/Wave Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi. I want to get a circulation pump, the wave maker style, for my 55g. It is currently a community set-up but I will be converting it into an African Cichlid tank in a few months. I want to it to work for both set-ups. I obviously don't want a tornado in the tank, just a decent flow. I don't know what GPH/LPH to go for. Any recommendations??. Please include in the brand name/model. Thanks, Ian

Hi. I want to get a circulation pump, the wave maker style, for my 55g. It is currently a community set-up but I will be converting it into an African Cichlid tank in a few months. I want to it to work for both set-ups. I obviously don't want a tornado in the tank, just a decent flow. I don't know what GPH/LPH to go for. Any recommendations??. Please include in the brand name/model. Thanks, Ian

I use hydro they seem to work well. The wave maker attachment I my opinion isn't worth the money all it is is a timer that cost 60$ +. I would go for around 700 GPH it will give a nice flow but not a ton. Then just use a timer to operate it. Instant wave maker.

I use hydro they seem to work well. The wave maker attachment I my opinion isn't worth the money all it is is a timer that cost 60$ +. I would go for around 700 GPH it will give a nice flow but not a ton. Then just use a timer to operate it. Instant wave maker.
Thanks Make Money. I probably worded the question wrong. I thought wave maker was the style of pump. I didn't know there was timers needed for them. I just want something to create a more of a flow around the tank. I just saw those wave makers and liked the look/design of them. I'm currently using a powerhead and it's flow is very direct from the small nozzle. I want something that will give a more even/higher spread of flow, if that makes sense...lol.
I will have a look for that brand. Thanks, Ian

Yeah hydor makes some that work to push a bigger area of water it's called a koralia circulation and wave pump. I have 2 that are 1050gph and they work good for my 180 gallon African cichlid tank

No timer needed it's just an option u can get for a rediculous amount that sets the pump off every 1 min or what ever you want to set it at to mimic waves

Back
Top Bottom