Circulation pumps and smaller tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N8sobes1216

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I was considering getting a circulation pump for my aquarium (FW) because my filter is on the left and things settle in the tank on the right side, this way I could push that water to the filter so it gets cleaned a little better, it's a 20g high. Any thoughts?

Hydor koralia Nano, 240 gph, look no further;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the same concern! I have a small school of 4 and I don't want them getting thrown around the tank

It's all about how you position it. They should be fine. I use mine in the back corner opposite filter intake, aim it slightly downward and towards the front glass.

Amazon has them pretty cheap

UPDATE:
Pump has been in since yesterday! It works great, and I'm very happy with the purchase! Thanks for the recommendation guys!

20-long, right? It doesn't blow the small fish around?

20 High, no its perfect, I have it in the corner opposite the filter aimed towards the center front, so that it all goes back over to the filter. It helps a lot with water quality, and the fish aren't bothered by it at all. I turn it off during feedings, but it's on all the time otherwise

20 High, no its perfect, I have it in the corner opposite the filter aimed towards the center front, so that it all goes back over to the filter. It helps a lot with water quality, and the fish aren't bothered by it at all. I turn it off during feedings, but it's on all the time otherwise

Thanks, I may give this a try.

Back
Top Bottom