Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
cJw
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Clean hood or buy a new one?

Greets!

I was planning on buying a new 24" bulb for my perfecto hood, but as I thought about it more, I wondered if it wouldn't be a better investment to just get a new hood - perhaps one with a 30" bulb for teh more lighting.

As it is now, the bulb is (probably) the original - meaning it's YEARS old. I didn't get a new bulb @ setup, as I was limited on what I could buy @ the time. So here I am, wondering. . .

Regardless, the glass (?) cover that keeps water splash from the bulb itself is quite covered with min deposits and blocking a good amount of the light. I've scrubbed it as well as I can and wanted ideas for cleaning it better. . . or if I should just not bother and search for a new hood.

Thoughts?

6 gold barbs
3 peppered cory cats
1 'maldito' cory cats=
1 yoyo loach
1 clown pleco
6 ghost shrimp

There are no coincidences.
cJw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
cJw
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So I found a black 36" hood/ with bulb, at a local LFS no less, for $35. I figure that's a good enough deal to warrant replacing the cruddy hood (with a 24" flo light- yuk) I have now. I can't WAIT to get more lighting on those fish - and I can't wait to be able to take NICE pics b/c of it.
6 gold barbs
3 peppered cory cats
1 'maldito' cory cats=
1 yoyo loach
1 clown pleco
6 ghost shrimp

There are no coincidences.
cJw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clean, hood

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com