clean the glass on tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
i brought a 110l tank off someone for a very good price with stand. checked for leaks etc and all is good.
my one problem is that the glass isnt very clean as id like and there is quite alot of limescale build up where the lid sits.
my question is: is there something i can clean the whole thing with, that will remove the stubborn limescale and clean the smeary glass. something that wont harm my fish when im ready to add my fish to their new home?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i brought a 110l tank off someone for a very good price with stand. checked for leaks etc and all is good.
my one problem is that the glass isnt very clean as id like and there is quite alot of limescale build up where the lid sits.
my question is: is there something i can clean the whole thing with, that will remove the stubborn limescale and clean the smeary glass. something that wont harm my fish when im ready to add my fish to their new home?

White Vinegar should do the job. Use a scrapper to remove the heavy stubborn limescale and then fill the tank with lukewarm(NOT HOT) water and leave it for a few hours, even overnight and then give it a good scrub. It should remove most or all of the limescale and smears. Mix the vinegar and water as strong as possible. It may take a few goes to get it all off. You can target the really bad areas with neat vinegar. If possible, put the tank in your shower and give it a good rinse with warm water. Your heater can be used to maintain the water temp overnight....

White Vinegar should do the job. Use a scrapper to remove the heavy stubborn limescale and then fill the tank with lukewarm(NOT HOT) water and leave it for a few hours, even overnight and then give it a good scrub. It should remove most or all of the limescale and smears. Mix the vinegar and water as strong as possible. It may take a few goes to get it all off. You can target the really bad areas with neat vinegar. If possible, put the tank in your shower and give it a good rinse with warm water. Your heater can be used to maintain the water temp overnight....

thankyou. do i have to do alot of rinsing out after iv done it?

Just give it a quick rinse, the vinager won't harm anything I add it to my tank all the time

thankyou guys. ive got the tank sparkling. :)

Back
Top Bottom