Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Cleaning Acrylic Tank - Help!

Looking for some advice on the best cleaning supplies for my 35g acrylic tank. I'm looking for a cleaning solution for the outside of the tank to remove fingerprints, water spots etc. and also the best thing to apply it with.

Based on what I could find online, Plexus or Novus seem to be the best solutions?

People are all over the place, from sturdy papertowels to microfiber) as far as what to apply the polish and buff.

Is microfiber safe? I have a really nice one I used for my Tablet and cell phone.

Also, if I do buy any type of cloth, do I have to be careful with washing it? Can it just go in the washing machine? I'm worried about possible residue from the detergent.

And should I go Plexus or Novus, or are they pretty much the same thing?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just paranoid about scratching the tank (My idiot cat already put a few on the top).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

sparky2335r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
I have always used the Novus products with good success.
If you have light scratches or haze, Novus #2 works great to restore it.
for general cleaning Novus #1 is great.
Use as soft of a cloth as you can, cotton or microfiber. an old white tee-shirt works.
NEVER use a paper towel!!! they are very coarse and may leave scratches.
PB_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

acrylic, clean, cleaning, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com