Cleaning an old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitacrux

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone have an easy way to remove what I believe is hard water spots, or calcium buildup? Someone gave me a 55 gallon for free today but it was in pretty rough shape cleanliness wise, i gave it a good scrub down with some hot water but there are quite a few stains left in the glass, Im not sure if there is even a way to remove them, anyone else had success with something like this?

Anyone have an easy way to remove what I believe is hard water spots, or calcium buildup? Someone gave me a 55 gallon for free today but it was in pretty rough shape cleanliness wise, i gave it a good scrub down with some hot water but there are quite a few stains left in the glass, Im not sure if there is even a way to remove them, anyone else had success with something like this?

Use white vinegar. I'd start with it diluted (25-50%), if that doesn't cut thru it use it full strength. I use baking soda to neutralize it afterwards then rinse, rinse and rinse 2 more times.

Thank you this worked great! Had to break down and buy the aqueon version of the python about halfway through. Tank is looking good hoping to get the rest of the stuff I need for it this weekend so I can start cycling

Back
Top Bottom