cleaning filter pipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickb144

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. Can anyone please advise. I have a eheim professional 3 250 external filter and it is now due for its first proper cleaning of the pipes which are starting to get a build up of algae etc. I will go to LFS to buy a pipe cleaning brush but my question is how to go about doing this. Do I need to disconnect the pipes from the intake and outlet fittings? I cant see any other way to get the cleaning brush down the pipes as my filter has the standard green fittings...not the better ones with an access cover to pipes. I did not really want to have to disconnect the pipes as they are very very tight on fittings. Or do I need to disconnect them from water flow fitting that connects to filter itself but again are very very tight ? Sorry if the answer is obvious but this is first time I cleaned them. Also was strongly thinking now to upgrade to the eheim intake and outlet fiffings with access covers. Are these worth the upgrade ? They certainly look much better quality. Any improvement to performance ? Kind regards, Nick

Following

I am curious about this as well as I have had my Eheim canister filter only a month and the hoses already look black.

Back
Top Bottom