Cleaning tubes from canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Issombeituni

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When to clean them and how. I have mine set up for about a month and they have build up in them. They are green tubes

Attachments

• image-3821924971.jpg
    image-3821924971.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 64
I stopped using my canister because of the crap buildup in the tubes. However, this is how I cleaned them.

I used a small fishing weight tied to fishing line a bit longer than the length of the hose. On the other end of the fishing line I tied/sewed a piece of sponge cut to be long a narrow to fit inside the hose. Then I would drop the weight through the hose and pull the sponge through the hose. You will probably need to rinse out the sponge a couple of times as you repeat this process.

I stopped using my canister because of the crap buildup in the tubes. However, this is how I cleaned them.

I used a small fishing weight tied to fishing line a bit longer than the length of the hose. On the other end of the fishing line I tied/sewed a piece of sponge cut to be long a narrow to fit inside the hose. Then I would drop the weight through the hose and pull the sponge through the hose. You will probably need to rinse out the sponge a couple of times as you repeat this process.
Good idea. this is how i do mine. I use a rigid pipe cleaner with extenable attachments. It was around $20 from a DIY or plumbing shop. I use a funnel to run some hot water through the tubes into a bucket. This softens and loosens all the gunk. I run the pipe in and out from each end a few times. Run the hot water through again and they should be spotless.....

Attachments

• DSCF7205.jpg
    DSCF7205.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF7211.jpg
    DSCF7211.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom