Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Cornstar Send a message via Skype™ to Cornstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
I thought it was 100g alright..haha. It needs to be re-charged every couple of months. It of course depends on you tank size and bio-load. I have a 55g fully stocked community tank and i re-charge it every 3-4 months. It starts off a cream colour and it absorbs the bad stuff and over time turn dark brown, almost black. This is when you recharge it. This is done with a 50/50 water and bleach solution. Leave it for 24hrs, stirring occasionally, and then soak it in a solution of water and Prime(not sure of the exact ratio) for a further 8hrs. It is then ready to re-use. I bought 2, so i just swap them out.. I had very good water before hand but i did notice the difference when i used it. I'm not certain on the exact life span of it but it gets weaker after each re-charge. Some people on here don't bother re-charging it, just replace it with a new one. I re-use, because it's quite difficult to get in Ireland and i import it, so it's about 18euro($25) with shipping. I think it is only about $6-$10 over with you.. Worth every penny!!!
Thanks! I'll have it shipped by next week! Would I need to charge before 1st time use?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornstar View Post
Thanks! I'll have it shipped by next week! Would I need to charge before 1st time use?
No just give it a good rinse with cold water first and then it's ready to use..You should notice the difference in a day or so..Let me know what you think of it..

Tags
clear

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com