Cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John2507

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have had a new filter for my 6ft tropical tank. Been running for 2 weeks and the water is still cloudy.
Has anyone got any suggestion to help please

Thanks John

Welcome to AA!

Has the tank been cycled? Did you replace the filter or just add a second filter?

Hi thanks for your quick reply.
It's a new filter I took away 2 and got 1 big one.
I took out the old sponge from the old filters and put them in the new one as was told to do this by the fish shop.
I have had the same pump for my 5ft tank which has been running for one week this is the same
Thanks john

So if this tank has been up and running for 8 years we will assume its cycled. When did the cloudy water start?

ronk said:
So if this tank has been up and running for 8 years we will assume its cycled. When did the cloudy water start?

It started the day after I put the new filter on. On both tanks

The nitrogen cycle makes keeping fish in your aquarium possible. You can read up on it by following the cycling links in my signature.

What are your water parameters and what color is the cloudiness? If you're unfamiliar with water parameters, get a liquid reagent test kit like the API Freshwater Master kit and measure your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels. I have a feeling that your tank is going through a mini-cycle and the cloudiness you're seeing is a bacteria bloom.

Back
Top Bottom