cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomanytanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is a month old and very well filtered, I have a few koi anf silver dollars. How long should i expect it to be cloudy? I have never had this prob before. And no i dont overfeed them lol.

Can you post some more information on the tank size and filtration and the exact numbers and size of the fish.

Cloudy water usually occurs IME, when a tank is first set up, when the bioload is significantly increased or there is some disturbance which affects beneficial bacteria in the tank/filter.

Can you post some more information on the tank size and filtration and the exact numbers and size of the fish.

I was told that he is running an XP2, XP4, and a smart filter 55 on this 90 gallon tank. IE plenty of filtration.

Cloudy water usually occurs IME, when a tank is first set up, when the bioload is significantly increased or there is some disturbance which affects beneficial bacteria in the tank/filter.

I totally agree. From the minute information that I have received, it would appear to be spot on.

Back
Top Bottom