CO2 BPS Issue...Still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have the Milwaukee CO2 Regulator with Bubble Counter. I have it set at around 4-5 BPS which matches up my drop checker. I have it on a timer.

Whenever I get home from work and check the BPS they are very low. Today, before work, I turned on the regulator briefly to check and set the BPS. When I got home from work, they BPS were very low again. Any ideas? This is an ongoing issue.

Thanks

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Working pressure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Working pressure?

Thats the thing. I turn that outside knob and its at 50 on the left and at zero on the right...but ive tried fixing it and nothing changes...

So what's the working pressure at mainly?

You have a leak

Pic is blurry but it looks like there is about 750 psi in the tank with a working pressure of 0 psi. Which way are you turning the black knob? I believe turning it clockwise should increase the working pressure.
Also, I don't see i fine adjustment knob for controlling the bubble output rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pic is blurry but it looks like there is about 750 psi in the tank with a working pressure of 0 psi. Which way are you turning the black knob? I believe turning it clockwise should increase the working pressure.
Also, I don't see i fine adjustment knob for controlling the bubble output rate.

I'm turning the black knob to the right but I get to a point where it just start releasing pressure from the tank and you hear a loud hissing noise. the bubble counter adjustment knob is just to the right of the bubble counter on the bottom

Oh, I see where the adjust knob should be.
That hissing is disturbing. Something does not sound right. You may want to remove the regulator and reseat it.

Oh, I see where the adjust knob should be.
That hissing is disturbing. Something does not sound right. You may want to remove the regulator and reseat it.

Sounds good. Ill try that tomorrow.

Did you use a wrench to tighten the regulator to the tank? Also make sure your hoses are all the way down on any areas such as from the top of your bubble counter, the hissing means CO2 is escaping somewhere. You could also get a spray bottle of soap water and spray it around, it'll bubble up where the leak is.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Did you use a wrench to tighten the regulator to the tank? Also make sure your hoses are all the way down on any areas such as from the top of your bubble counter, the hissing means CO2 is escaping somewhere. You could also get a spray bottle of soap water and spray it around, it'll bubble up where the leak is.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes i used a wrench, thats a great idea! Thanks!

Got home today and the BPS was just fine, right where it should be.

Back
Top Bottom