CO2 diffuser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batt4Christ

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm currently using the Hagen ladder-style diffuser in my 29g heavily planted tank with two bottles "brewing up" CO2. Bubbles are rolling up about as quickly as I can imagine before they start overrunning and just forming big bubbles that jump to surface without actually contributing to the tank. Is there a more effective way if diffusing w/o spending a fortune on powerhead/reactor-diffuser? I hear of some using ultra-fine airstones placed near filter intake... Any ideas?

I would live to dive-in to pressurized CO2, but don't really want to spend that kind of $ as we are trying to save for a bigger tank.

Ugh

You can make one out of pvc, where the co2 barb goes in the bottom side, and the water comes in the top and goes out of the bottom. As the water comes in it pushes the bubbles downward and has a 100% diffusion rate. This is the cheapest best option for you.

Is that to put in-line for an canister filter? Current filtration is an Emperor 400 hob and a Marineland H.O.T Magnum.

Yeah, but I think you could DIY some kind of pump system if you have a powerhead and some tubing. Otherwise, you can use a powerhead and let it chop up bubbles and disperse them through the tank. It's not as pretty as it'll have a lot of bubbles, but it is a really good method for good absorbtion.

Back
Top Bottom