Co2 liquid vs gas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Account

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. My bday is coming up and my mom has made an obvious hint that she wanted to get me a nice 200$ Co2 system for my 75g aquarium. I really appreciate that but I feel bad for her paying that much when I could get a bottle at my local fish store that says CO2. That seems like a much cheaper alternative but I may be wrong. So let's put the money aside for just a sec... which is better quality wise?

There is no such thing as liquid co2. There is liquid carbon. IE...glut does it help....yes. Is it helpful with algae...yes. Is it the same as pressurized co2.....no way. Pressurized co2 is a good investment.

What system/parts are you getting?

Hello. My bday is coming up and my mom has made an obvious hint that she wanted to get me a nice 200$ Co2 system for my 75g aquarium. I really appreciate that but I feel bad for her paying that much when I could get a bottle at my local fish store that says CO2. That seems like a much cheaper alternative but I may be wrong. So let's put the money aside for just a sec... which is better quality wise?
There is no comparison of a liquid form to pressurize gas. Let your mom get the system for you. You will see for yourself.

Fyi, some systems will run alot higher than $200. Regulators alone can be about 200+, unless you get a cheap one from Amazon. I still use my aquaclear one from Amazon, but people have told me it's garbage. After the regulator, you still need the tank, hoses, check valve, bubble counter, and diffuser.

There is no such thing as liquid co2. There is liquid carbon. IE...glut does it help....yes. Is it helpful with algae...yes. Is it the same as pressurized co2.....no way. Pressurized co2 is a good investment.

What system/parts are you getting?

I'm not sure but it has everything in it. And obviously it's not actual "liquid Co2" that's just how it is advertised.

I'm not sure but it has everything in it. And obviously it's not actual "liquid Co2" that's just how it is advertised.
Yes I understand I just wanted to point it out. Kind of a pet peeve of mine. Sorry lol. Im guessing easy carbo or excel. I use excel daily.

Get the gas system. Double check what parts the system is made up of so you know what you need/don't need to buy. The gas will open up many avenues for you in the planted tank world. The liquid co2 can be used in addition to combat algae and compliment the gas.

Back
Top Bottom