Co2 reactor for fluval 306

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone use a reactor with a fluval 306 or 406? I'm not sure if I can DIY a reactor because of the ribbed tubing. Anyone have a solution to this issue?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Make your own tubing boss! I just made new hoses for my 405 because I hate the rigid black plastic ones it uses from factory. I reused the intake and output pieces, along with the clips that sit on the tank lip where the hoses run through.

Jesse

So you just used the white rubber pieces, intake, and output and bought some 5/8" ID hose to replace the black ones?

On my 405, I just pulled the black hoses off the intake/output. They're not attached, just slipped in tighly like anything else. Cut hose to length and hooked every thing up. Didn't require buying anything for me, I had the hose on hand already.

Jesse

Ok thanks I think I got it. I'm going to get the hose tomorrow and switch things out.

Yep I just got some 5/8" ID vinyl braided hose to replace my ribbed hose and I rigged up my reactor to it. The Filter doesn't push enough water to run an inline in my experience. Give it a try and let me know if it works. I'd like to know if mine just has a weak pump or if its the same for all of them.

Dallas - Do you find the braided hoses are less prone to kink when bent?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dallas - Do you find the braided hoses are less prone to kink when bent?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Absolutely. The normal hose just kinks if it isn't straight up and down, really annoying. The braided hose does not kink unless you really have it bent up.

Yep I just got some 5/8" ID vinyl braided hose to replace my ribbed hose and I rigged up my reactor to it. The Filter doesn't push enough water to run an inline in my experience. Give it a try and let me know if it works. I'd like to know if mine just has a weak pump or if its the same for all of them.

Thanks. What reactor do you use?

Was? You switch to something else?

Yeah, The filter didn't have near the power needed to run the inline. I was disappointed. The ISTA also is a piece of trash. Leaks and cracks galore. I would use my DIY Rex Griggs reactor if my filter could run it though. Now I just feed through my aqua clear and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom