CO2 Reactor Inlet Blocked with Leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
The Tunze CO2 Reactor inlet is getting blocked with plant debris. If there is too much build-up on the filter plate, the little pump can't get enough water to push the CO2 down and gets a death rattle.

After any cleaver ideas to stop the debris build-up? Attaching a photo.

I have been putting a piece of filter pad there with rubber bands (so I can remove pad for cleaning easily) but the rubber bands only last a month or so. Last night I was thinking of trying a magnet somehow to form a wall to stop debris getting swept into the inlet. The family suggested plastic plants (which admittedly would solve the issue).

Got some more ideas of maybe trying hair bands as longer lasting or wrapping strips of thin filter pad around it (perhaps easier to remove and clean).

How about a piece of stainless steel mesh? You could make it larger that the current screen inlet and bend the edges in; sort of like a cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How about a piece of stainless steel mesh? You could make it larger that the current screen inlet and bend the edges in; sort of like a cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's brilliant - well worth a try.

Should be easy to remove the cage as well (as often working with one hand to reach that deep into the fish tank). Thanks!

Ok, sooo - on the way to hardware I stopped at the fish shop (just in case) and while looking at filter foam picked up a plastic plant to try. :)

So far the plastic plant is sitting there and I weighed down one side just in case. Convenience wise for lifting out each week and washing it should be great. Not sure if it is actually working though yet at stopping leaves blocking the inlet :) I guess if it kind of works it would be a great excuse to check out a whole range of shops.

Back
Top Bottom