Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Co2 recomendations

So I've decided to go away from me DIY Co2 system for my 75g tank. Any recommendations? I am using a Emperor 400 filter so I don't have a canister filter to diffuse the Co2 in. What do some of you suggest for diffusing the Co2? Powerheads, Co2 reactors, glass diffusers(if so, how many)? Thanks for any help.

cesblusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Best advice I can give is to look in the phone book for a Fire Extinguisher place and buy your CO2 tank there as they are cheap! Got a full 15lb cylinder for $53 out the door. They prob only have steel tanks so if you want aluminum then have to pay more $$$

10G,Planted- Endler's Livebearers+RCS, 55G,planted
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson View Post
Understanding the basics will let you make informed decisions on what advice to follow, and what advice is just plain hooey!
SpeedEuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Sliced Bread

What size tank? I used to use inline reactors, which I still really like, but on my big tank I'm actually using a CO2 reactor 500 and really like the results it gives. It's a bit big and unsightly, but I can easily hide it in my 125.
In the DC Metro Area? Check out GWAPA and WAMAS
neilanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Neilanh, mine's a 75 gallon. I had considered the reactor that you linked to but had wondered if it would be too big and how well it worked. Thanks.
cesblusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
That looks like a really good product. Does it need to be submerged to cool the pump, or would it be ok outside/below/behind the tank?
gzeiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com