co2 regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiaCas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been searching for a co2 setup that will allow me to spend as little money as possible while still having a safe and effective setup. My bf is into paintball, so I already have a few perfectly good, empty paintball cans to choose from. Space is an issue, so I don't really want anything bigger than 24 oz anyway. A friend gave me a glass diffuser he had lying around. It looks like this:

Amazon.com : AQUATEK CO2 Regulator Mini : Paintball Regulator : Pet Supplies

is all I need. Does anyone have any experience with this regulator? Does anyone think or know I can get a different one or put one together myself for less money? I've been doing a lot of research and that's the cheapest price I've seen so far, and I won't even need an adapter for the can.

Great regulator in my opinion. I've had mine for at least a year with no problems. I am also a heavy paintball player and had spare CO2 tanks laying around, so it was pretty convenient!

nice thing about this regulator though is that it has a solenoid valve, which means that you can hook it up to a timer and only have it on when your lights are on (which is what you want).

My 24oz CO2 tank might last about 3 months or so with daily use, and it only costs like $4 to get it refilled! So its super cost effective!

I have a similar regulator (AQUATEK Premium with CoolTouch Solenoid). It takes regular size tanks and, with an adaptor, paintball tanks. I use a 24 oz paintball tank. The regulator was $89 on Amazon and probably the same on eBay (though you might get some extras like CO2 tubing from the latter).
Came with a bubble counter. I like it. On the same fill up for the last 2.5 months.

I have 3 of those Aquatek mini regulators. Oldest being like 2 to 3 years now. I forget. Anyways, all are still working. IMO, this is the cheapest "quality" regulator with solenoid you can get for the money. I recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom