Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-16-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
co2 regulator

I've been searching for a co2 setup that will allow me to spend as little money as possible while still having a safe and effective setup. My bf is into paintball, so I already have a few perfectly good, empty paintball cans to choose from. Space is an issue, so I don't really want anything bigger than 24 oz anyway. A friend gave me a glass diffuser he had lying around. It looks like this:

Amazon.com : AQUATEK CO2 Regulator Mini : Paintball Regulator : Pet Supplies

is all I need. Does anyone have any experience with this regulator? Does anyone think or know I can get a different one or put one together myself for less money? I've been doing a lot of research and that's the cheapest price I've seen so far, and I won't even need an adapter for the can.

NiaCas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
Great regulator in my opinion. I've had mine for at least a year with no problems. I am also a heavy paintball player and had spare CO2 tanks laying around, so it was pretty convenient!

nice thing about this regulator though is that it has a solenoid valve, which means that you can hook it up to a timer and only have it on when your lights are on (which is what you want).

My 24oz CO2 tank might last about 3 months or so with daily use, and it only costs like $4 to get it refilled! So its super cost effective!

Fluval fanboy
Foxtrot90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award
I have a similar regulator (AQUATEK Premium with CoolTouch Solenoid). It takes regular size tanks and, with an adaptor, paintball tanks. I use a 24 oz paintball tank. The regulator was $89 on Amazon and probably the same on eBay (though you might get some extras like CO2 tubing from the latter).
Came with a bubble counter. I like it. On the same fill up for the last 2.5 months.
I am an ALGAE farmer.
Terms of Service | Community Rules | FresH2O's Planted Tank | Fresh2o's Shrimp Tank
Fresh2o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:30 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Don't forget a drop checker!
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -Mark Twain
Plantaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
I have 3 of those Aquatek mini regulators. Oldest being like 2 to 3 years now. I forget. Anyways, all are still working. IMO, this is the cheapest "quality" regulator with solenoid you can get for the money. I recommend it.
- [ADA 60P] - [ADA 60F] - [GLA 6g] - [26g] - [2.1g Cube]
Brian_Nano12g is offline   Reply With Quote

co2, regulator

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com