co2 setup - help :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lee_0082

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,
I was hoping that you could help me out with setting up a pressurized co2 system. I thought I knew what I was doing, but the problem is that I'm starting to feel like it's greek.

So far I have decided on a 10 lb co2 canister from ebay.. And I know that I need a regulator, needle valve, and diffuser. The problem is that I'm not sure which brand to go with as far as the needle valve and regulator are concerned.

I'd like to not spend an insane amount of money on this ordeal.. I have about 250 total. Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

The Milwaukee MA957 is a pretty solid unit IMO. I ran one for a while with no issues. You can get them for $89 shipped from eseasongear.com, and that includes the regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, needle valve, and 10' of co2 tubing. Basically, all you need is a cylinder, diffuser, and drop checker and you're set.

would it be a better idea to just run my co2 line into my eheim 2215 rather than getting a diffuser? I'm thinking this might be my best bet.

I built an inline reactor that hooked in to the return from my eheim 2224. A simple 2' PVC chamber with a hose barb on each end, water enters the top from the canister, co2 enters the bottom from the regulator, water leaves at the bottom and returns to the tank. No bubbles in tank, 100% diffusion, no clutter in tank.

Ask and ye shall receive...

img_1712255_0_35a9ca59ab27bc3d24dd8648d589b9f0.jpg

Pics of the build -

img_1712255_1_1487c506670c482eafe31454292c15d4.jpg

img_1712255_2_62750096d79c90f1af00d6a67c5cf0cf.jpg

DSCF4190.jpg picture by mfdrookie516 - Photobucket

that looks amazing! probably should go with the bell for now hahaha :) looks like we might have almost the same kind of tank design tho :)

So I got my co2 tank in, as well as my regulator which you recommended. I'm still waiting on my drop checker and such, but I have it running into my eheim for now. That seems to be working really well!

I just wanted to thankyou for your help! I really appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom