Co2 system regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3-4 bps is a good starting point. 4-5 is probably closer to what you might need. Bps isn't nearly as important though since you have a ph controller.

fort384 said:
3-4 bps is a good starting point. 4-5 is probably closer to what you might need. Bps isn't nearly as important though since you have a ph controller.

I see. So, the higher the bps the faster it'll go to your desired ph and will shut off. That's why it's not that important?

I agree, 4-5 would be a good starting point. I'm running 3-4 though in my 40 breeder, so it may be more like 6-7 once you get everything dialed in

...but it will be a little less with a pH controller. The co2 will run some at night, so there won't be much catchup in the morning. With the pH controller on 1 of my 5.5's, I run about 0.3-0.5 bps. On the other tank, same size, same diffuser, timer instead of controller, I run 1 bps.

roydooms said:
I see. So, the higher the bps the faster it'll go to your desired ph and will shut off. That's why it's not that important?

Correct.

Ok. I will start with 4-5bps. I don't have a nice diffuser though. The guy "couldn't" find the one that he was going to give me. So, I'm just using a regular airstone. I might build the reactor tomorrow. Thanks.

This is what I did to slow sown the 350's flow and produce less bubbles and surface agitation.

Attachments

• image-268161939.jpg
    image-268161939.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 46
I changed the left side of my tank. Attached 11 java ferns on the driftwood. Got rid of the ludwigias and added some star grass.

Attachments

• image-2073542599.jpg
    image-2073542599.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom