Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Question Cobalt Aquatics E-X-T Canister Filter

Has anybody tried these? Looks interesting in that the pump is separate from the canister. And the canister has a gasket and not a (leaky) o-ring.

Fincasters Episode 25 Cobalt Aquatics Re-invents the Canister Filter - YouTube

F&S has them on sale right now so I'm just wondering if anyone has one and likes it. Really new product which could be good or bad.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well I'll be a guinea pig and test this filter.

Just received it yesterday and installed today. Set it up on an existing 220g tank to seed the media.

As many items you get today the instructions are slim so a beginner might have issues putting it together. No problem for me.
Media that comes with it not what I would use so replaced baskets of activated carbon and filter floss with bio-balls I had sitting around. (from my leaky Marineland C series).
Went together OK but not impressed with diffuser. Will probably come up with my own later.
Nice feature is drop the pump in the tank, plug in and away it flows (no priming). And of course no leaks at this point. Will update as time goes on.

Tags
canister, canister filter, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com