Coffee table tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Printerhands

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I recently (like yesterday) came across a coffee table tank that looks sweet and would be fun to have. It is an acrylic tank with a glass top. Should I or should not invest into getting this?

When I looked into the possibility of a coffee table tank, the general consensus was hard to properly filter and difficult to take care of. Seems like a great idea though, at least in theory. Curious what anyone who actually has kept one successfully thinks. Following along. Maybe a used one so they're not as expensive, or if a newer model or different brands have better features...

I have yet to see a nice clean setup using a coffee table tank. All the ones I've seen look, well, pretty horrible. Cords across the floor, no light, and murky water.

One was oval that had basically a shop light sitting in the middle of it to light up the tank, with cords running down the side and into a raceway across the floor. Constantly tripped over it.

The other one I saw in person was just horrid. Very dark and murky. No lights, the only filter was an airpump driven UGF. Needless to say not much thrived in these tanks. Also when walking nearby the fish would freak out. Setting drinks, feet or practically anything on the table also made them freak out. Constantly stressed fish from getting bumped, kicked, etc.

Thanks, those were my general thoughts on it too. I think just doing the traditional tank will be the best.

here are a few of pictures of my coffee table aquarium. i've had it running for 2+ years. i love it.:flowers:

36993-albums9382-picture37094.jpg

36993-albums9382-picture37093.jpg

36993-albums9382-picture37092.jpg

36993-albums9382-picture37091.jpg

36993-albums9382-picture37090.jpg

36993-albums8518-picture32682.jpg

36993-albums8518-picture32681.jpg

36993-albums8518-picture32697.jpg

Thank you jpchin for sharing your tank. And yes it looks beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom