Colored backing for large tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesShall

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a large glass tank and it sits in front of an off-white wall. My eyes are drawn to the power cords and hob filter as they are black in color. I would like to add something to the back of the tank so I won't be able to see the wall anymore. I am hoping there is some sort of product that can turn the back glass of my tank black or dark blue.... like maybe window tint or something.

The only thing I have been able to find was at a lfs. They have this contact/static film that has an underwater scene on it. It's for smaller tanks and the design is... umm... not very pretty. I would rather a solid color... no designs.

Any suggestins? Links to specific products would be extremely helpful!

You could try photographic background paper and cello tape to make your own background.

The paper comes in rolls anywhere from 26" by 12yards, up to 107" x 24yards and in just about any color you could want. All for $15 to $50 (depending on size).

HTH,
Gib

I when to petco and it took a lot of looking but found a blue background. it starts at a light blue and goes down to a dark blue at the bottom. it was like .99 a foot. and on the other side it is black. i put it inder the fram and taped the sides.

I'm with oscarbreeder. Paint works the best. A standard latex works well. It usually takes 2 or 3 coats to cover well, but since latex is, well latex, it is flexible so it doesn't flake and stays very well yet can be removed with a razor with ease.

R-

oscarbreeder said:
You can also paint the outside of the back of your tank black or blue.

SHUCKS! I wish I would have known about this before the tank got set up! There is only about 3 inches between the wall and the tank and the tank is about 3 feet wide so really I can't get back there now. :(

Thanks WarOrks15 - I'll try Petco and ask somebody. I've snooped about in there, but nothing like that has ever caught my eye.

Back
Top Bottom