Compact Fluorescent Lamp source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Another one of my Hamilton 10,000k 55w ice white lamps failed. I think I caused the failure when I accidentally pulled the pin end out of the unit. This makes FIVE bulbs in 4 months!!

Anyway, is there a cheap source for these on the Web?

My local guy charges $20 bucks each.

Thx

Mike

I pay $25 a piece online for my CF lights...so $20 doesn't sound bad. Unless I just haven't found that cheap source yet, in which case I'll be following this thread. :wink:

agreed. $20 locally is as cheap as you'll get. The very cheapest online price I found was $17.99 a tube, minimum order of 4 lamps, and the shipping was obviously more than the true cost to ship.

are you frequently unplugging lamps? is that how you pulled the pin? once those pins get yanked out, they almost never slip back in the right way to close the circuit again. I had that happen to the molex pins on a harddrive once. lost the contents of the entire drive. wasn't cool at all.

hellolights and reefgeek are about the best I have seen. Flat shipping costs make them even better.

http://www.hellolights.com I cant recommend them enough. They have good quality service. I had a bulb arrive DOA. No apparent damage it just would not fire. I filled out their online form the following day and they CALLED ME! to setup the shippment of the new bulb. I had a new bulb the next day and all was well. That is just one of the experences I have had with them.

Back
Top Bottom