Compact Fluorescent Light...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eykis9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Central IL - just 15 miles east of St. Louis, MO
I have a CORALIFE Compact Fluorescent Light & need to change the bulb. I attempted to take the old bulb out but the black plug end doesn't seem to want to pull off. I was going to try to pry it off with the flat end of a screwdriver or butter knife but don't want to risk breaking it... before i do that, does anyone here know if this (the plug being a bit stubborn) is a common occurence? Should i pry it off or am i doing something wrong here?

thanks!

Don't try to pry it off you my cause damage to your fixture, just wiggle it & pull gently it should come loose.

Sometimes, you can fold the sides of the rubber socket back and loosen the bulb that way. They can be difficult to get out. I would not pry on it though.

thanks for the advice however, i finally called the place i bought my light & was told that the plug can be pried off with the flat tip of a screwdriver or butter knife but you must give gentle force and work from side to side...don't just pry from the center of the plug. therefore, following that advice, i was able to accomplish my task!

:)

Just keep working it side to side. It will come out eventually. Next time use a little Di electric grease on the pins.

Back
Top Bottom