Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
complex or simple sump?

the 35g long tank (brown trim) with the 3 drains in it is my sump, should I do a baffle system in it or could I leave it like it is with the return pump on the left side and the skimmer in the center.

If anything, what if I just do one baffle on the left side just before the pump? I'll do a bubble trap on the left side to reduce micro bubbles in the main tank, in addition the water level by the skimmer will stay at or above that height. All I'm putting in there is the skimmer and the return pump, and probably some rubble, doesn't seem to me like I should need a complex baffle setup since my refugium is a whole different tank (the taller black trim 39g)... thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06768.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	19453  

Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I had to put the baffles in mine since my skimmer was making crazy bubbles.
BTW are there any good LFS in College Station. Since the Harvey Rd store shut down I cant find anything.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
There isn't a great LFS here anymore, howerver Petco still sells saltwater, and even started carrying some coral.

Tags
sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com