Confused about filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone, I worked out how to turn the current down on the filter. My little guys are much more relaxed now.

The filter has terrible instructions!

Anyone else out there with experience in using the Eheim 2073?

Give it a whirl. What harm could it do? Let us know if you notice any difference.

Got the carbon in the internal filter. It's not quite designed for it as the carbon comes in little rods and I really need coarse stuff to make sure it doesn't fall out of the box holder. Got a fair bit in though and more than the bio-media I had before. Early days but tank could be clearer than before. Will see after feeding tonight :)

With the filter you have, you want to clean the foam pads in it (clean everything in TANK WATER in a bucket when you do clean) every month or so. The rest of the filter media (biomedia) never needs to be cleaned unless it gets visibly dirty. In that case rinse some (not all) of it in tank water in a bucket. Nothing in that filter needs to be replaced. You can replace the foam pads when they wear out but that'll take years.

Hey everyone, I worked out how to turn the current down on the filter. My little guys are much more relaxed now.

The filter has terrible instructions!

Anyone else out there with experience in using the Eheim 2073?

Did you get an answer? If it is a general question some-one may know.

Give it a whirl. What harm could it do? Let us know if you notice any difference.

Well water does seem clearer overnight! I made no changes to canister filters or to the internal filter (except carbon). Flow output is still good which I also wanted. Will see how it pans out over the month.

Back
Top Bottom