Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Confused maxi jet 1200

Is it a power head or a pump? I ordered it to replace the bio cube pump after researching and reading what others were doing as far as upgrades. But as I read it sounds like a power head. Did I order the wrong thing? It said maxi jet 1200 off the The site inTank.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's both lol. My friend told me to get it for a reactor and I thought it was only a power head too but then he showed me he was using it as a pump.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
It's both lol. My friend told me to get it for a reactor and I thought it was only a power head too but then he showed me he was using it as a pump.
Ok cool I'm replacing the pump in the bio cube with this one. Nano reef and a bunch of other nano forums and site recommend it as one of many upgrades.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 01-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sounds good, I've been planning on doing the same in my cube just haven't gotten to it yet. LOL Maybe today now that it's on my mind.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Sounds good, I've been planning on doing the same in my cube just haven't gotten to it yet. LOL Maybe today now that it's on my mind.
You mean I did a good thing?! lol. Whew... Hey Carey I also got my light for the window in the back. The Coralife 11".

Attachment 71241

Old 01-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I see that! Cool. Little big though isn't it? LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I see that! Cool. Little big though isn't it? LOL
Haha! Yeah I like my toys. It says it for the bio cube 29.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

The maxijet is a powerhead, but it moves enough water that is could be used as a pump for a nano tank. One of the major issues I've had with that particular pump over the years is cheap impellars that seem to come apart all the time, so keep an eye on it.

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com