Connecting MH hardwires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milhous3er

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally got my plug from premiumaquatics that allows me to connect my ballast to my pendant. I need to hardwire into the ballast and was wondering if there were any better connection types rather than just wire nuts. Thats my option now, but was kinda worried about heat from the wires. Is there a safer way to go when I wire these two together, or should plastic wire nuts be fine ?? Thanks

Plastic wire nuts will be fine, that's what most of us use. You do have the option to solder the wire and use some heavy duty shrink tubing too if you're not comfortable with the wire nuts.

Me and soldering don't get along. I'm just a worry wart when I try new things, especially when I can burn my house down !!

So I get my pendant all hooked up and ready to go. I plug it in and wait...and wait...and wait. It's been around 7 minutes since i've plugged it in, and the only thing I see are small arcs of light inside the bulb, but no light. It flickers twice in succesion, but then nothing for about 30 seconds or so. Is this normal ??

I'm really thinking I should have bought the nova extreme pro now...

Hmm, those things should fire right away (although it takes them a little bit to warm up to full output power).

Double check your wiring is wired correctly, if it is I'm worried theres a ballast or bulb problem.

What kind of ballast?

Back
Top Bottom