Controller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OscarFan76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm considering a controller but I'm wondering if they are worth the cash.

If you think they are worth it, which controller do you recommend?
I see they monitor ph and temp. What are the other benefits?

Thanks.

I'm not running one yet so don't wanna point you towards any specific controller but one good reason to run one is if setup they can send you a txt/email if there's ever a leak/flood. Also from your phone you could shut down the pumps

I run a Profilux & can't imagine not having it.

Temp control to within .5 degrees
Ph, conductivity (salinity monitoring)
ATO function
Auto water changes (1% daily)
Control of equipment from home or away
Pump & light control (if equipped)
4 pumps of dosing

Tons of benefits and the only downside is expense

Whoa daily water changes? That is awesome. I will check out that brand. Do you premix the salt for the daily wc?

I already run an ato so not much benefit there.

I premix salt once a month or so, then the controller does the rest.

MikeYQM said:
I premix salt once a month or so, then the controller does the rest.

+1 with a controller it will pretty much automate your entire setup except for making new water and trimming back your coral ;)... Point being if its in your budget then its a must have (doesn't fit my budget just yet so I'm still caring for my tank manually lol)

Wow. That is awesome. It looks like vividaquariums has the price for the 3ex Mega at 1200. That is a bit out of my budget. I was hoping for a $500 range controller.
It would be sweet to automatic water changes though.

OscarFan76 said:
Wow. That is awesome. It looks like vividaquariums has the price for the 3ex Mega at 1200. That is a bit out of my budget. I was hoping for a $500 range controller.
It would be sweet to automatic water changes though.

If you plumb your system correctly you can still make the water changes very easy by having a few valves to divert the water out of the tank with a holding tank for saltwater plumbed into the system so you can turn on a pump and send the new water into the tank but even with automatic water changes you'll still want to do a manual change from time to time to clean up some debris

Back
Top Bottom