Controller Opinions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious what this is supposed to "control". I followed the link and it really doesn't say there. Does this adjust anything or just reports to you what is going on (like temp or pH). The reviews are good though...

It allows you to control lights, pumps, temp., pH, wavemaker, etc. As a lighting controller they seem to be ok, though have been reported to be buggy at times. I've heard nothing but good things from Apex other than the high price tag.

I've done some further research and I think I'm going to go with the APEX Lite. Price is a bit more but they are way more upgradeable.

It allows you to control lights, pumps, temp., pH, wavemaker, etc. As a lighting controller they seem to be ok, though have been reported to be buggy at times. I've heard nothing but good things from Apex other than the high price tag.

That is from Digital Aquatics not neptune. I am about to order one too.

The better deal is bulkreefsupply.com It is the same package with an additional PC4 for 269.99 (free shipping).

It will only use 4 modules but unlike what most of the vendor sites say it will accept ANY module.

With the BRS setup you already have 3 modules. The 4th can be:
MLC - Moon Light Controler
ALC - Advanced Light Controler
SL2 - Ph, salinity, temp.
PC4 - 4 additional outlets

Just make sure it has enough expandability to do all you want. It is perfect for me:

First - PC4
Outlet 1 - Finnex 500W Heater
Outlet 2 - ATO Pump
Outlet 3 - Lights
Outlet 4 - Lights

Second PC4

Outlet 5 - Cooling fans
Outlet 6 - Carbon Reactor/GFO Reactor (2 Units 1 pump)
Outlet 7 - Return Pump
Outlet 8 - Skimmer

I am going to need another PC4 when I automate 2 part dosing but that will be all the expansion I can do. My moonlights have there own controler, my Vortech's have there own controler and the AI controler is excelent so you won't need an ALC for these.

Don't forget you switches and adaptors if you plan on ATO

I've done some further research and I think I'm going to go with the APEX Lite. Price is a bit more but they are way more upgradeable.

For that much money check out the Reefkeeper Elite. both are good systems. like I said before you just have to plan more for the RKL

I don't understand what you mean mdaniel? The OP posted on ReefKeeper which is Digital Aquatics, which is what commented on....sorry, your confuzzling me now.

I don't understand what you mean mdaniel? The OP posted on ReefKeeper which is Digital Aquatics, which is what commented on....sorry, your confuzzling me now.

I miss read your post. I thought you were calling the RKL the Apex. I see what you mean now that I reread. (2 different paragraphs would be apropriate:rolleyes:)

Sorry, kind of a run-on sentence there but I see what you mean (Hey! I used a period!) lol

Back
Top Bottom